The Policy Center conducts nationally recognized policy research and participates in public service at the state and local level.
- Civic Life and Government
- Energy & Environment
- Health & Public Safety
- Economic Development
- Economic analysis of education investments in Maine
- Fiscal implications of inadequate saving for retirement
- Economic contributions of Maine’s forest products sector
- Economic impact reports for Maine industries
- Economic impact of the University of Maine System
- Poverty in Maine
We partner and collaborate with UMaine departments as well as with Maine colleges, universities, foundations, and private and public stakeholders, often crossing local, state, and federal policy boundaries, and providing an interdisciplinary approach to addressing policy concerns. Center staff serve as catalysts for public policy development through research projects, program design and evaluation, and the facilitation and convening of public forums.