MCS Public Affairs Scholarship
Application submission must include:
- Completed brief application form.
- Essay must not exceed 500 words
- Identification of an academic advisor(s) for your proposed research (does not have to be current academic advisor)
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from the academic advisor for your proposed research)
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2022
Selection is limited to students who show promise for future leadership in and contribution to public affairs.
Applications will be evaluated according to:
- The relevance and significance of the proposed research topic to U.S. public policy
- The quality of written work expressed through the application essay
The selection committee will review all proposals and invite the most promising for interviews. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision in early May.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Maine resident enrolled at UMaine
- Be an undergraduate student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be registered at the University of Maine for 12 credits or more
- Have completed 40 degree hours prior to the semester in which student is applying
The scholarship may be renewed for up to three years, provided the recipient meets the following requirements:
- Submits completed project by April 1
- Continues to make satisfactory progress in his/her academic program
- Continues to meet the criteria for the award
- Applies to renew the scholarship by submitting a satisfactory proposal for next year’s project